How to Style Yourself
Fashion is not only beautiful but one of the best ways to express yourself. There are a million styles and silhouettes you can choose from that will complement your personal style and separate you from others. It is important to remember a few things when creating outfits, so here are some ways to improve your fashion game!
- Choose some colors that make you happy and complement your skin tone.
- This will make creating outfits more fun and help you look like you’re glowing from within. It will emphasize your natural beauty and bring out more of what makes you, you!
- Don’t be afraid of mixing fabrics and textures.
- This helps add depth and makes your outfit look more complex and unique.
- Some fun textures include: sheer, smooth, fluffy, ribbed, smocked, quilted, etc.
- Some fun fabrics include: cotton, denim, lace, leather, satin, linen, crochet, velvet, suede, taffeta, etc.
- Find silhouettes that flatter your shape.
- Don’t buy clothes that don’t make you happy!
- You shouldn’t have to fight with your clothes every time you put them on. They should make you feel comfortable and confident, and emphasize your best features in whatever way you like best.
- Find some inspiration.
- Go on social media, watch movies and shows, people watch. Find inspiration from your life and things that interest you. Take things that you like and forget those that you don’t.
- Make some photo boards and pick out pieces you want to add to your closet. (The best way to find unique pieces is to go thrifting. This will help diversify your wardrobe while also saving you money.)
- Remember to accessorize.
- Jewelry adds a lot. Rings, earrings, and necklaces are a great place to start with.
- A bag can be a statement piece. It could be a bold color, a fun shape, a new texture. Whatever it may be it can make your look that much more special.
- Treat hair, makeup, and nails as accessories as well. Makeup should enhance your features in whatever way you like. Wear it or don’t, just do whatever makes you the most comfortable.
- Shoes can elevate an outfit more than you think. Whether it’s platforms, sandals, sneakers, any shoe can change a look from day to night.
We hope these few tips help you enhance your fashion game and always remember, never compare yourself to someone else. You’re perfect just the way you. We can’t wait for you to show the world how perfect you are by expressing yourself through fashion.
What tips did you try from this article? Let us know on our social media platforms.