Photo Shoot, Photographers
5 Questions For Boston Photographer Hannah Osofsky
Quick Q&A w/ Boston photographerHannah Osofsky
- Of course, the most burning question for every photographer: How do you get your gigs? Referrals! They’re the best. You don’t pay for advertising, and it’s usually coming from a client that I also had a good experience with.
- What’s your fav editing program? Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
- What do you do if a client isn’t paying up? I’ve only had one issue with a client not paying up, and it was recent. They owed me nearly $2k. I withheld the photos until I got paid, which worked because they didn’t end up paying the rest of the team. Usually, clients pay, but from this experience, I learned to do more research into the client before accepting the gig, as well as asking for deposits beforehand.
- Have you ever had your assistant no-show? What did you do? Nope! I have never had an assistant not show. If they can’t make it, I would hope they would try and help find a replacement. If they were to ghost, I would first determine how essential an assistant is to that specific project, and the necessary changes I’d need to make to finish up on my own. I feel I’ve had this good luck because I always choose assistants who have both earned my trust and proven their dedication to photography.
- For our aspiring photographers out there, what do you look for in a good assistant? When searching for assistants I look for eagerness to learn, reliability, and experience. The first two are huge, as experience can vary.