Casting Coin recently featured the star makeup artist, Marisa Montez, on our beauty YouTube channel. Marisa gave a beautiful tutorial for a Pandemic Pretty – Mask Proof Makeup look!
We asked Marisa a few questions about her makeup career, and her answers are below:
1.What made you love the art of makeup?
Being able to express myself through artistic looks, play with the power of color, and leaving my clients as well as myself feeling confident.
2. Who are a few makeup artists you look up to and why?
I look up to Isamaya Ffrench, Priscilla Ono, Marika D’Auteuil to name a few. They’re all multifaceted artists and can create such powerful to subtle looks and are just all around wonderful creatives.
3. Which makeup brands do you like the most?
At the moment my favorite brands are Patrick Ta, Anastasia Beverly Hills, and Fenty Beauty.
4. What has been your favorite makeup look you have ever done?
My favorite look thus far was on a model I worked with for a very avant-garde black and dark teal makeup look that also got me my first magazine publication.
5. In 3 words, how would you describe your makeup looks and techniques?
Soft, Glowy, Clean.
6. In your opinion, what is the most important quality in a Makeup Artist?
The most important quality will always be being kind but as well as knowing how to work on every skin color and skin type.
7. How do you stay up-to-date with the latest makeup trends?
I try not to follow trends but when I do see something new that catches my eye it’s normally from Instagram.
8. What is one product you can’t live without?
One product I cannot live without is a brow pen.
You can find Marisa’s video here! Make sure to subscribe to our channel to see our new videos every week!