Casting Coin recently featured the star makeup artist, Lucia Abuin, on our beauty YouTube channel. Lucia gave a beautiful tutorial for a New Year’s Eve Graphic Smokey Eye!
We asked Lucia a few questions about her makeup career, and her answers are below:
1. What made you love the art of makeup?
I loved makeup ever since I was very little. I would always browse through magazines and collect photos of makeup looks I loved and aspired to recreate myself!
2. Who are a few makeup artists you look up to and why?
Lisa Eldridge is someone who I have always loved for her sophistication and approach to beauty, which reflects on the kind of makeup I do today. Pat McGrath is another one, because not only does she do beautiful makeup, but she creates ART!
3. Which makeup brands do you like the most?
I love Make Up For Ever for its big range.
4. What has been your favorite makeup look you’ve ever done?
It’s like choosing a favorite child! But I love creating natural makeup looks because they are all about enhancing the natural beauty of a person.
5. In 3 words, how would you describe your makeup looks and techniques?
Enhance, fun and simple!
6. What, in your opinion, is the most important quality in a Makeup Artist?
Having range and attention to detail!
7. How do you stay up-to-date with the latest makeup trends?
It’s important to have a good eye, look at magazines, photographers and, of course, Instagram!
8. What is one product you can’t live without?
Concealer! As Bobbi Brown says, it’s the secret of the universe!
You can find Lucia’s video here! Make sure to subscribe to our channel to see our new videos every week!