Casting Coin recently featured the star makeup artist, Josie Shipley, on our beauty YouTube channel. Josie gave a beautiful tutorial for a Crescent Glitter Eye Tutorial!
We asked Josie a few questions about her makeup career, and her answers are below:
1. What made you love the art of makeup?
I have always loved creating and being hands on with what I make! The medium I ended up loving most in the end was makeup.
2. Who are a few makeup artists you look up to and why?
@sosodoesmakeup and @nightmaring on Instagram are amazing and creative artists! I love how they have such a cool style to them.
3. Which makeup brands do you like the most?
I really love @musèebeauty and fenty!! Both have such an awesome line of products that allow me to be really creative. As for the paint that I often use, I can’t go without my Mehron makeup paints!!
4. What has been your favorite makeup look you’ve ever done?
My favorite look ever most likely has to be the one that is featured at the top of my ELLE Brasil article 😉
5. In 3 words, how would you describe your makeup looks and techniques?
Outlandish, whimsical, and abnormal!
6. In your opinion, what is the most important quality in a Makeup Artist?
The most important quality is being able to change as you grow. If you’re not changing, you’re not getting better!
7. How do you stay up-to-date with the latest makeup trends?
tbh, I don’t stay up to date with trends. I try to come up with the stuff that I find interesting. Whatever else that is happening doesn’t matter as much to me. It’s cool to see other people do it, but most of the time the trends I see aren’t for me.
8. What is one product you can’t live without?
I have super fine brow hairs, so I need my brow products!! I also need a good lipgloss as my lips can be drier than a desert sadly.
You can find Josie’s video here! Make sure to subscribe to our channel to see our new videos every week!