5 Camera Rental Platforms Reviewed
In times like these, renting camera equipment can be difficult and confusing. Many companies and people aren’t as willing to rent out their equipment for the sake of their own health and the health of their customers, so we’ve listed 5 safe online resources for you:
- ShareGrid- This is a peer to peer rental market place that has transformed the rental camera industry. It can easily be compared to a ride sharing or home sharing concept, such as Airbnb or Uber. Basically, any user can post a listing for a camera or piece of equipment and another user can request to rent it. You can check it out here!
- KitSplit– Similar to ShareGrid, KitSplit works as a network of manufacturing houses and end users looking to rent cameras and gear. You can check it out here!
- Parachut– This is a startup that let’s you rent up to as many things as you want for a monthly subscription fee of $99. You can check it out here!
- BorrowLenses– This is one of the biggest players in the industry. They have the biggest selection of in stock and the latest and greatest gear to choose from if your in a bind and need to rent quickly. You can check it out here!
- LensRentals– Just like Borrowlenses, LensRentals is one of the only online mega resources that has the capacity and authority to work as a rental house. They have a great feature called the keeper program, which offers you the chance to try a camera or gear and reimburse your rental fee from the price at purchase, if you choose to buy. You can check it out here!